Kenneth M. Lewis
Kenneth M. Lewis, Esq.
LEWIS LAW PLLC
220 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, New York 10591
444 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10022
T: (914) 761-8400
F: (914) 761-6316
[ email ]
Kenneth Lewis is experienced in representing virtually all constituencies in bankruptcy proceedings and out-of-court workouts, including debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, committees, trustees, landlords, officers and directors and asset purchasers. His clients include public corporations as well as small businesses and individuals.
Ken has also represented clients in contested matters and adversary proceedings, including fraudulent conveyance and preference actions, claims objections, cash collateral and DIP financing motions, stay relief motions, nondischargeability actions, and turnover and other recovery actions.
Representative significant engagements have included
- Debtors in the Solutia, Inc., Grumman Olson Industries, Inc., St. Johnsbury Trucking Company, Inc., LTV Corporation and Johns-Manville Corporation Chapter 11 cases;
- Ceditors in the Bayou Group, LLC, Bricolage Capital, LLC, Chrysler LLC, Finley, Kumble, General Motors Corp., The 1031 Tax Group, LLC and The Wiz, Inc. Chapter 11 cases;
- Defendants in the CTV Globe Media, Inc., DPH Holdings Corp., Enron Corp. and WCI Communities, Inc. cases;
- Indenture trustees in the Allied Stores Corporation, Eastern Airlines, Inc., Southmark Corporation, and Todd Shipyards Corp. Chapter 11 cases;
- Landlords in the Jamesway Corp., Kmart Corporation, Loehmann's Holdings, Inc. and McCrory Corporation Chapter 11 cases;
- A major tenant in the General Growth Properties, Inc. Chapter 11 case;
- The creditors' committee in the Cinecom Entertainment Chapter 11 case;
- A post-confirmation trustee in the M. Fabrikant & Sons, Inc. Chapter 11 case;
- Former officers and directors in the Bozel S.A., Enron Corp. and Marvel Entertainment Group, Inc. Chapter 11 cases;
- The purchaser of the corporate headquarters in the Caldor Corporation's Chapter 11 case; and
- The purchaser of a loan portfolio in the Olympia & York Chapter 11 case.
Ken also serves as a mediator for the U. S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.