Kenneth M. Lewis
Kenneth M. Lewis, Esq.
LEWIS LAW PLLC
220 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, New York 10591
444 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10022
T: (914) 761-8400
F: (914) 761-6316
[ email ]
Ken Lewis has 25 years of experience as a bankruptcy attorney. He represents debtors, trustees, secured and unsecured creditors, creditors' committees, landlords, asset purchasers and other stakeholders in Chapter 11 reorganizations, out of court restructurings, Chapter 7 liquidations and bankruptcy litigation. Ken has also counseled parties in connection with structuring loan and other commercial transactions. Following law school, Ken spent a number of years working at prominent national firms including Dow Lohnes PLLC and Greenberg Traurig, LLP.
Ken has been involved in hundreds of bankruptcy cases over the past 25 years. Representative significant engagements have included
- Debtors in the Solutia, Inc., Grumman Olson Industries, Inc., St. Johnsbury Trucking Company, Inc., LTV Corporation and Johns-Manville Corporation Chapter 11 cases;
- Ceditors in the Bayou Group, LLC, Bricolage Capital, LLC, Chrysler LLC, Finley, Kumble, General Motors Corp., The 1031 Tax Group, LLC and The Wiz, Inc. Chapter 11 cases;
- Defendants in the CTV Globe Media, Inc., DPH Holdings Corp., Enron Corp., Lyondell Chemical Company and WCI Communities, Inc. cases;
- Indenture trustees in the Allied Stores Corporation, Eastern Airlines, Inc., Southmark Corporation, and Todd Shipyards Corp. Chapter 11 cases;
- Landlords in the Jamesway Corp., Kmart Corporation, Loehmann's Holdings, Inc. and McCrory Corporation Chapter 11 cases;
- A major tenant in the General Growth Properties, Inc. Chapter 11 case;
- The creditors' committee in the Cinecom Entertainment Chapter 11 case;
- A post-confirmation trustee in the M. Fabrikant & Sons, Inc. Chapter 11 case;
- Former officers and directors in the Bozel S.A., Enron Corp. and Marvel Entertainment Group, Inc. Chapter 11 cases;
- The purchaser of the corporate headquarters in the Caldor Corporation's Chapter 11 case; and
- The purchaser of a loan portfolio in the Olympia & York Chapter 11 case.
Ken also serves as a mediator for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Bankruptcy Business Acquisitions (American Bankruptcy Institute, 2006) (contributing author)
- When are Non-Debtors Really Entitled to a Discharge: Setting the Record Straight on Johns-Manville and A.H. Robins, Journal of Bankruptcy Law & Practice (January/February 1994) (author)
- Trading in Claims: The Case for a Free Market, New York Law Journal (October 7, 1993) (co-author with Richard N. Tilton)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution, New York Law Journal (January 6, 1994) (co-author with Richard N. Tilton)
- Reclaiming Sellers Beware, New York Law Journal (May 9, 1994) (co-author with Howard J. Berman)
United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
District of New Jersey
AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale Hubbell
J.D., Hofstra University School of Law, 1986
Recipient, Benjamin Weintraub and Alan N. Resnick Bankruptcy Law Prize
Notes & Comments Editor, International Property Investment Journal
B.S., cum laude, Rider University, 1981
American Bankruptcy Institute
Northern Westchester Bar Association
Executive Board, The Association of Commercial Finance Attorneys, Inc.